Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Pianist

This is the very last of any pictures
I'm going to share from my trip to
Mayo Clinic last August.
I think I've saved the best for last.

I'd finished all my appointments for
the day and the clinic was pretty empty
by that late in the afternoon.
I was walking back through the atrium
when I came across a young man
playing the piano.
I listened for awhile and was
absolutely stunned by his musical ability.
The music was very beautiful and just
what my ears and mind needed
at the end of a stressful day.

I briefly spoke with this young man.
He was a medical student training at
Mayo Clinic. He was taking advantage
of the beautiful piano to practice
music he'd be playing at a wedding the
following weekend.

I took several pictures of this young
man and the piano, but I found all I
really needed, and what was most beautiful,
was simply the man's hands on the piano keys.

This is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts